TurnoutNow Privacy and Data Protection
We comply with the United States – European Union Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries. We certify that we adhere to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement.
What is TurnoutNow?
TurnoutNow is a cloud-based, data analytics technology that uses Bluetooth Smart wearable beacons on an attendee badge to capture data at live events. TurnoutNow’s data capture and use at a particular event will be limited to only those features that have been selected by the event producer. In addition, all data capture is limited to the particular event dates, times, venue locations, and rooms specified by the event producer.
TurnoutNow technology may also be included with certain third party reseller applications to enhance their offerings. Resellers that use TurnoutNow may only use some of the features and information that TurnoutNow can capture. TurnoutNow’s data capture and use within a particular reseller application will be limited to only those features that have been included by that reseller. We refer to third-party applications and services that you have chosen to use as “Powered by TurnoutNow Applications.”
This Policy applies only to TurnoutNow, and not to Powered by TurnoutNow Applications. Please refer to the privacy policies of Powered by TurnoutNow Applications to understand the privacy practices of such applications. The providers of Powered by TurnoutNow Applications may capture and/or use your information in different ways than we do and we are not responsible for Powered by TurnoutNow Applications.
Your Choices & Privacy Protections
TurnoutNow may only share the universal unique ID (UUID), major, and minor from the beacon, information about you (e.g., name, contact information, demographics, and other similar information), and your live event activity (e.g., sessions, exhibitors, common areas, and other similar information) with you, the event producer for managing the experience, and exhibitors for lead retrieval purposes. At any time, you can Opt-out by alerting your event producer who will remove the wearable beacon from your badge.
Once you are Opted-out (i.e., wearable beacon removed from badge) we are not capturing any data about you. If an attendee decides to participate at a later date/time during the event their data capture will start once a wearable beacon is assigned to their badge. For reseller events Powered by TurnoutNow please refer to the privacy policies to better understand their choices and privacy protection practices.
To help protect your privacy, we have attempted to limit the amount of data that is sent to our servers to the beacon UUID, major, and minor only. A UUID is a 128-bit number used to uniquely identify each beacon at the live event. There is no personal data stored on the wearable beacon. Should a wearable beacon be lost or stolen there is no loss of personal information. While digital information is never 100% secure or error-free, we take reasonable safeguards, such as, for example, encrypting beacon information that is sent to our servers. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at support [at] turnoutnow [dot] com.
The only data captured onsite at a live event is the wearable beacon UUID, major, and minor only. There is no personal data stored on the wearable beacon. Depending on the features selected by the event producer, TurnoutNow may capture the following information from the event producer to assign wearable beacons to a particular attendee and populate our dashboards with event details:
- Attendee information (e.g. first name, last name, email address, phone number, and other similar information);
- Session information (attendance totals, session name, session tracks, speaker name, and other similar information);
- Exhibit Hall information (floorplans, exhibitor name, aisle numbers, traffic totals, and other similar information);
- Common Areas (visitor totals, common area name, sponsor name, and other similar information);
In addition to the other uses of the information described in this Policy and depending on the features the event producer uses, we may use and process the data we capture to:
- Track certifications, continuing education units, resource management, room capacities, speaker engagement, and other similar education information.
- Determine engagement and traffic patterns in the exhibit hall for the purposes of resource management
- Aide the event producer in making decisions in real-time to affect the attendee and exhibitor experiences
- Infer the areas you visit most often, determine your frequency at these locations, and qualify leads for exhibitors
- Improve TurnoutNow and our systems and services to continue innovating and provide the best onsite experience
- Inform you about TurnoutNow
- Respond to requests that you may send us such as your request for information, your request for customer support, or your request to subscribe to a service we offer
- Protect our rights and the rights of our users
The information we capture is stored and processed on servers in the United States and Germany, and may be transferred to other locations around the world. By using TurnoutNow you consent to the transfer of the information described in this Policy to locations that may be outside of the country in which you live, and such places may be in the United States and within one or more European countries.
We do not share your event information with others, except as indicated above. We may also share your information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, bankruptcy proceeding, or similar legal process when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others. We may also share your information in the interest of protecting or exercising our or others’ legal rights, e.g., without limitation, in connection with requests from law enforcement officials, to investigate fraud, to respond to a government request and in connection with court proceedings.
We may share or transfer your information in connection with a prospective or actual sale, merger, transfer or other reorganization of all or parts of our business. Finally, we may also share your information where you have granted us permission.
We will retain your information and the information we process on behalf of our customers for sixty (60) days post-event or as needed to provide you services. By default, TurnoutNow purges the event data at sixty (60) days post-event. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We do not direct TurnoutNow to, nor do we knowingly capture any personal information from children under eighteen (18). If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us as set forth in the section “Contact Us” below. If we become aware that a child under eighteen (18) has provided us with personal information, we take steps to purge such information from our servers.
We may change this Policy at our sole discretion. When we make changes to this Policy, we will alert you that changes have been made by indicating on the Policy the date it was last updated. When you use TurnoutNow, you are accepting the current version of this Policy as available through TurnoutNow at that time. We recommend that users revisit this Policy occasionally to learn of any changes.
The use of information processed through our service shall be limited to the purpose of providing the service for which the client has engaged TurnoutNow, LLC.
Information Related to Data Processed for our Clients
- We process information under the direction of our clients, and have no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data we process. If you are a customer of one of our clients and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our clients that use our service, please contact the client that you interact with directly. We may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our service. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the service agreements with our clients.
Access and Retention of Data Controlled by our Clients:
- TurnoutNow, LLC has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his query to our client (the data controller). If requested to remove data we will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
Please feel free to contact us with any comments, questions or suggestions you might have regarding the information practices described in this statement. You may contact us by sending an email to support [at] turnoutnow [dot] com, or write to us at:
1390 Columbia Ave, #212
Lancaster, PA 17603
May 26, 2016